The K-TEK K-152 boompole is a very lightweight, superbly engineered, and meticulously crafted 5 section boompole made from a graphite fiber derivative in a black matte finish. It is used primarily for film and video field production.
Telescoping sections are connected with our proprietary locking system. The “captive collet” is held within a collar. With just a gentle twist, the collar squeezes the collet to lock the pole in position. The collar has a soft rubber sleeve studded with a unique dimple design that provides a pleasant touch and good grip under all conditions, even in extreme temperatures and humidity
The bottom coupling allows boom operators to attach a variety of accessories. The pole is available uncabled with our proprietory mushroom base or cabled with an internal coil cable with a bottom or side connector (CC or CCR).
- Hybrid composite, high density graphite fiber selected for maximum strength and minimum weight.
- Fiber alignment selected for minimum bounce and weight with maximum strength.
- 8 layers of graphite precision ground to exact size, then burnished.
- Coupling designed for maximum holding power with a minimum of torque applied.
- Coupling designed to be dust, dirt and sand proof.
- “Captive Collett” design makes coupling resistant to jamming.
- Non-reflective processing on our uniquely milled surface makes the collar much more durable than knurling or ribbing. It offers controlled gripping power and is gentle on your hands, even when wet. The surface is HARD! (C-70 Rockwell … about the same hardness as an emerald)
- Unique pole top features cable retaining slots and a replaceable stainless steel threaded mounting stud.
- Standard “mushroom” base, cast in polyurethane, is engineered for maximum shock protection.